G R O W T H G R O U P S
Growth groups are same gender groups that meet at different times throughout the city.
They mostly study the Bible and are 45-90 minutes. The groups vary in size but are no larger than five.
The questions are below and they are often updated as we are still figuring out how to make them better.
Growth group questions (Updated July 2019):
1. What is the context of this passage?
(What did you last read? Who is the writer? Who are they writing to? What is the central idea of the book?)
2. Are there any words or phrases you didn’t understand?
3. Did you notice any repeated words, themes, images or patterns?
(Is something being repeated from a prior study in this book?)
4. What does this passage tell you about who God is?
5. Simply put in one or two sentences, what is the main point of this passage?
6. Does this passage remind you of any other passages in the Bible?
7. Is something you especially liked or didn’t like in this passage?
8. How does this passage apply to your life right now?
Whom is God calling you to love well right now?
Where do you need prayer?
Pray for each other.
Close in prayer.
Old Testament only-
Did the passage point to the good news about Jesus in any way?
(Don’t make it up if it’s not there)